And the best of all is that You can replace ingredients and still get great result. For example - You can replace sausage with lean ham or even with chicken fillet. Or You can replace carrots with beetroot - it's also very popular variation of this salad here. You can even don't use eggs at all.
I make this salad quite often - it's easy and delicious! And my boyfriend likes it very much.
So, here is recipe!
3-4 big potatoes
150 g canned peas
1-2 pickled cucumbers
200 g boiled sausage
mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, salt, pepper.
1. Wash potatoes and carrots, boil (don't peel before boiling). Hard boil eggs. Cool all these ingredients.
2. Peel boiled potatoes, carrots and eggs.
3. Dice all ingredients (except peas, of course) in small pieces (~1 cm in diameter) and stir all together.
4. Make dressing - stir together 1 part of mayonnaise, 1 part of sour cream, 1/2 teaspoon mustard. Add salt and ground pepper, and a pinch or sugar.
Add dressing to ingredients, stirr well and put in refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
Weight watchers variations:
For those who is loosing weight or don't want too much fat in their food:
- replace sausage with lean boiled meat or chicken fillet;
- use low-fat mayonaisse or don't use mayonaise at all, replace sour cream with joghurt;
- don't use eggs or instead of eggs use boiled cauliflowers.
|Rasols - potatoe-sausage salad|